Friday, January 25, 2019

A Mighty Ocean and a Magnificent God


~This is a response to a beautiful poetry prompt book given to me by my dear daughter Amber.~
Each page of the prompt book is a different word subject. This one is:
The Ocean

Let God's promises shine on your problems. ~Corrie Ten Boom



“It is bigger than we are” he said to me,
 speaking of the affliction of addiction
 evading our youngest son.
My heart had long since broken in countless pieces,
like grains of sand along the shore.
You see, the love we have
for our children
is a force that grows with time
and their struggles and heartbreak
are a sorrow we also hold just as tight.
Fears and hopes can be mighty things,
like an ocean across the horizon
becoming all we can see
but like a gentle soul once told me,
“God is bigger and He is with us.”
It is an awe-inspiring truth,
that God the maker of the universe
chooses to dwell within us
yet is gentle enough to ask.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Many miracles and sorrows
have happened since that day.
My son is now whole in Christ,
and so are the pieces of my heart.
Whenever I think of what God can do
 I think of the beautiful and mighty ocean,
and when I stand before the sea
It is our beautiful and mighty God
that I truly see.


©Carrie Van Horn 2019




1 comment:

  1. This made my heart stop.

    What happened?

    How old is he?

    Oh, my God.

    ReplyDelete

"Our best thoughts come from others." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson