Saturday, April 27, 2019

I Still See

Photo by Josiel Miranda from Pexels

Linking with the Sunday Muse for Muse # 53
come join us!



I am tired, Beloved,
of chafing my heart against
the want of you;
of squeezing it into little inkdrops,
And posting it.
~Amy Lowell,

I still see that little girl
standing before the world
she still exists
if you look a little deeper
though her skinned up knees
have turned into
deeper bruises
the kind that bandages 
cannot fix
funny how the years have a way
of changing the view ahead
turning hope into doubt
and skipping into a slow walk
we start out with a nap sack
and end up with a house full
of junk we could easily
live without
weighed down
with too many fears
wrapped in the grief of loss
we cannot forget
still I see that little girl
standing before the world
holding hope like a blanket
that same girl
still exists.


©Carrie Van Horn 2019













23 comments:

  1. I think we all have that little person within us. Lovely write, Carrie. Love the line... holding hope like a blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are forever that little girl are we not Carrie...forever and forever...bkm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very true Barbara! So wonderful to see you here!

      Delete
  3. I love this. It makes me wonder if the reason why shoulders start to hurt so much, as we grow more vintage *grins* is because our soul is overloaded with all the things we no longer need, but refuse to let go of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vintage...i love it! LOL it sounds much better than old. 😎and i agree our souls end up holding on to things we no longer need. So true!

      Delete
  4. This is amazing. Hope as a blanket, perhaps buried under junk, is evocative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful Carrie.
    I think you ladies should always have that little girl within you . . :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Carrie, this hit me in the heart. Stop reading my mail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL i guess regret and heartache are universal for all us humans. Thank you Shay! 😎

      Delete
  7. ps--I love Amy Lowell! I discovered her in high school.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That little girl...I don't think I would tell her what her future is. though her skinned up knees
    have turned into
    deeper bruises...

    It is amazing all the grief that come to us, that wound us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true Toni! If i would have had to of known what was ahead...i would have run the other way! LOL

      Delete
    2. Wonderful write Carrie. That little girl holding hope as a blanket.

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much Rob. I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  9. Oh, yes, you hit my straight in the heart. I sit with that little girl in me often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I aim to please.😁 Glad you joined us this week Susie!

      Delete
  10. Yes the child within is ever present. Lovely poem.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are forever that little girl. Enjoyed this, Carrie.

    ReplyDelete

"Our best thoughts come from others." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson