Tuesday, May 22, 2018

They Call Her Gemini




Linking with Imaginary Gardens for the Tuesday Platform, brought to us by Sanaa
and also linking with The Sunday Muse
come join us!


"Gemini is a lover and a fighter....rolled into one."
~Anonymous

She is a thicket of rare fruits and flowers somewhere in the middle of a barren land
Do not try to eat the berries dear nor try to understand
She is a snowbird that has ventured out far beyond the cold into the warm beach’s sand
Do not try to count the miles off course dear nor try to understand
She is a profound riddle written with invisible ink with a true left hand
Do not try to read it without glasses dear nor try to understand
She is a smorgasbord table with no food, but fine china from a distant land
Do not drink the wine she drinks dear nor try to understand
She is a long scarf for two that is worn by merely one like a single flag for each and every man
Do not let the flag fall dear, nor try to understand
She is a parallel universe that beckons millions, but only one may truly stand
Do not enter without knocking dear, nor try to understand.

15 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed your poem. The repetition in your poem is almost hypnotic, and as a Gemini, I can relate to your words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you liked it....and I hope you have or had a wonderful birthday. :-)

      Delete
  2. ...but now I want to understand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...I wish I did to....thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. squee!!!! Love the rhymes & the rhythm. This feels like something you would find on a vinyl record :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you C. :-) I would love to have something be turned into a song. I wish I could write songs, but it never comes together for me when I try.

      Delete
  4. My goodness this is absolutely breathtaking!!💞

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some people are just enigma... maybe we should just accept them as they are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes "accepting" is the hardest task...but I love each one of you, my Gemini friend, even if I don't always understand both of you. I loved your write!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really really impressed. Luv the rhyming end lines. The wit and the reasoning. Nice poem

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  8. loved the rhythm and the theme ...some gentle wit wrapped in truth...

    ReplyDelete
  9. As a double Gemini, I can vouch for that last line!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the yin and yang energy you share thorough out your poem. I adore the playfulness and the rhyming! My father was a Gemini-part comedian, musician, and full of mischief~ You captured the light n' shadows of two souls with a touch of magic!!

    ReplyDelete

"Our best thoughts come from others." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson