Saturday, January 23, 2016

Wisdom Has Callused Feet





The man who views the world at fifty the same as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. ~Muhammad Ali


If I could go back in time and look at my wedding through my divorced eyes what would I see? Would it be disappointment or a waist of time?
A bouquet of regrets held by a fool in white?


If I could go back to my childhood roots and see myself skipping through eyes with now slow shoes what would I see?  Would it be awkward steps that lead to the wrong road? A journey of ignorance or a blind traveler that still rushes to the unknown?

Truth is I just can't go back.  There are no time travelers and no magic rabbits in hats.
This life I have been living is a course that must be  hardily explored to advance.
For wisdom is a raw experience that requires exertion to truly understand.








When I look back over my life I realize that there is no way that I could know then what I know now.  Even if I could travel in time and give my self a million warnings, and believe me I needed a million of them, it just would not be the same.  I am who I am today because of all the troubles and the many blessings combined.   They have all played a part in molding me into the person I have become; a person full of compassion, hope, love, tolerance, a little bit of wisdom, with hands that know how to let go of regrets, and a few calluses to prove it. :-)







7 comments:

  1. that raw experience...worth indeed...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are not fortune tellers. Life unfolds as it does. It's own way. Living it is easier than trying to control it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true Shadow. Trying to control has always been a struggle for me.

      Delete
  3. Hi, Honey. It's been so long. Too long. I'm always glad to have traveled into your space and thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brandee. It is always wonderful to see you here. :-)

      Delete
  4. So much this--the idea that the bumps are worth it & help you keep going.

    ReplyDelete

"Our best thoughts come from others." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson