Thursday, January 7, 2016

Dash

Charing Cross Road, 1937 by Wolfgang Suschitzky





"Time and the hour run through the roughest day."
~William Shakespeare


This one is for you Berowne.  You will be missed by many indeed. :-(

Sometimes it feels as if all I have done is make a mad dash through my life.  As if I am in a race against time, I storm through a situation and place, and I am fast.  Swift like a cheetah on the pursuit of another meal.  You could call it, the big hunt for fulfillment, and you could call me "Flash", cause that is all you will see of me even if you are dear to my heart.  I am being brutally honest here.  Cannot sugar coat in the rain unless you want an even bigger mess.  The new year is upon us, and my hope for myself is to be more available to those I love.


The time in between the years
the dash on the marble stone
I guess I have taken it literally
I dash from here to there
across puddles in my path
from my car into the store
and back again
one job to the next
a never ending relay race
that only I run
and the winner is:
drum roll please....
NO ONE.



8 comments:

  1. Dear Carrie, so nice to see you here. Your poetry describes the lives of way too many of us. Wishing you a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely--really enjoyed the line about sugar coating in the rain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your life sounds like many peoples these days. When did we forsake the slow days taking time to enjoy? I enjoyed this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your life sounds like many peoples these days. When did we forsake the slow days taking time to enjoy? I enjoyed this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A reality of too many. Lovely poem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. a perfect reminder to us at the beginning of a new year to SLOW DOWN!

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice one
    good luck
    imagtalks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

"Our best thoughts come from others." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson