Saturday, December 21, 2019

Colder Than Colorado


Linking with the Sunday Muse for Muse # 87
Come join us!

The naïve follow their hearts. The wise lead with their hearts. 
~Author Unknown 


Some hearts are colder than Colorado
And more than toes get frost bite
treading through that kind of cold
I learned that in the morning frost of childhood
And lessons learned early are not easy to forget
For even when we walk away
And find warmth in loving things
The sensation of losing feeling
And not being able to move forward
Can be a ghost that haunts more than halls
Freedom was a dream I mapped out in my heart
And then one day it guided me onward
Like a beautiful horse on it’s beaten path
Now I rest upon the softness of kindness
And that is where I choose to stay
And until I take my last breath on this earth
Kindness will be the choice I make.

Wising everyone a lovely holiday season, with a safe and happy New Year!
Merry Christmas Ya'll!

If you are up for one more poem for the prompt
click HERE


13 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful poem, Carrie, especially as we near Christmas. And that title just rolls off the tongue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Shay....yes the title has been lingering with me for a while waiting for a poem. It is funny how that works sometimes.

      Delete
  2. Love this--you anchor us firmly in the cold and then lead us safely out again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember lonely walks to school in the morning when it was FREEZING, dreaming of the home I would have one day. The road to freedom was long and bumpy, but once on it, there was no turning back. I really feel this poem, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you made it to that freedom Sherry! 💜

      Delete
  4. I love the deeper message in this piece.

    Kindness will be the choice I make.

    May it always be so....peace

    ReplyDelete
  5. You took us from the "frosty morning of childhood to a life of kindness. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

"Our best thoughts come from others." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson