Tuesday, October 30, 2018

The Haunting of Her Lips



Linking with The Sunday Muse for the muse # 27

Love, thieves, and fear, make ghosts. ~German Proverb




You are a haunted house my love and I am the ghost that walks your halls 
I have every room memorized but you do not remember me at all
I kissed you once and I kissed you twice more
but before the next you were long gone out the door
you see time stops for only a few things in this world
childbirth/seeing a ghost/ and kissing a girl
I held you close in your red sequin gown
and paraded you on my arm all over town
but what made me fall was that first kiss
and now I am a ghost that you do not know exists.











2 comments:

  1. This transported me to echos of past, of empty arms and missed opportunities, the stamp of images that makes time travel possible... love ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh la la! Love this, Carrie! Very cool. 😍 Happy Halloween! πŸ‘»πŸŽƒπŸ’€πŸ€–πŸ˜ˆπŸ‘ΊπŸ‘Ή

    ReplyDelete

"Our best thoughts come from others." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson