Monday, May 20, 2019

French Kissed



Linking with the Sunday Muse for Muse # 56 hosted by one of my favorite poets in the whole world, Shay!


Fear is the highest fence. ~Dudley Nichols


I watch you from afar holding my breath as you dare to live bravely
For it is a wild ride for those willing to stand on the edge
You never did merely kiss life on the cheek
You always French Kissed full on
With lips set apart
To ride with you is always an experience
That pushes past the safety rails
And dives deep into wild seas
You come up for air
Only to dive right back in deeper
You fly higher
Roll faster
And strip naked to the world unashamed
 willing to walk barefoot on shifting sands
falling never stopped you
so, you keep moving on no matter what lies ahead
and I watch you from afar holding my breath as you dare to live bravely
sometimes a cautious heart misses out on beauty
 avoiding all the bruises that could await.

©Carrie Van Horn 2019

14 comments:

  1. Powerful, sensual and beautiful No holding back and living life to the full. Loved it, Carrie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eddie, you are so kind, and I did love what you wrote as well. :-)

      Delete
  2. Loved this, from quote through cautious heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your subject is a gal after my own heart! Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Shay! I would love to be like the subject.....my heart can only hope.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yes, live wild, bold, and unapologetic. Life at the speed of joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Susie....life at the speed of joy. I like that.

      Delete
  6. This is an awesome write ~~ and reinforced my penchant for living large, taking risks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I desire to dive deep into the wild seas! A seductive piece Carrie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Regina, I am glad you liked it! :-)

      Delete

"Our best thoughts come from others." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson