Friday, May 5, 2017

A Mad Scientist with Words

Courtesy Google Images

If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet,
then you must write it. 
~Toni Morrison


Stories.....
we all have one....
some love printed ones...
others have a favorite....
and we all enjoy to have one read to us when we are a child.
But in the course of things, some of us remain readers and others become writers.
I am not sure what triggers the difference.  Does a writer just have so much they want to say to the world that they have no choice in the matter?
I only know that when I was a child writing gave me 
a certain peace.
As an adult, writing went on the back burner for a long while, raising small children and learning to be on my own, however one day I decided to carry on.
I picked up a pen and a note pad and turned into a mad scientist with words. Most of my waking moments I spent dwelling on ideas and thoughts that I wanted to write into poetry.  I cleaned houses for a living and would jot notes on the job and I kept a journal with me most of the time.
Many years have passed since that time, and many things have changed in my life- marriages, homes, jobs- but one thing has not changed, my love of writing.




1 comment:

  1. As a person who read a lot and started writing , even i contemplate this question of what makes some ppl write while others not. Still don't know but can definitely relate! :)

    ReplyDelete

"Our best thoughts come from others." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson