Saturday, May 22, 2021

A Million Menageries,


 Surreal Art by Catrin Welz-Stein

Linking with the Sunday Muse for Muse #161
where we are writing, sharing and celebrating my amazing poet friend Shay's birthday!!

“One need not be a chamber to be haunted; One need not be a house; The brain has corridors surpassing Material place.”  ~ Emily Dickinson

 

You ask me what lies to the west?

What cracks open my sky like a treasure chest?

As if secrets were never meant to be kept!

Yet I only look towards the eastern sky.

Longing for birds that have already flown by,

With a cage in my hand and hope in my eyes.

Holding memories like broken glass with no gloves.

Some questions have no answer my love,

And some answers are never enough!



14 comments:

  1. This wasexcellent Carrie — very well written! 👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie, this is exquisite ...... you are special indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrie, this is beautiful. So many lines i would quote but it would be the whole poem. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some questions have no answer my love,
    And some answers are never enough!

    Love the close Carrie, a clever answer. Yes, there are many answers to a question to ponder!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carrie!! This is amazing. A riddle and an answer (of sorts) in one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!! This poem is dynamite
    My favourite line
    "Yet I only look towards the eastern sky."

    Happy Sunday

    Much💚love

    ReplyDelete
  7. As usual, you get down to it, Carrie. Happy birthday, Twin!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Indeed! Some answers are never enough. A fine poem, Carrie :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A insightful conversation between two north-facing twins.
    Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. "You ask me what lies to the west?
    What cracks open my sky like a treasure chest?" - wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. "some answers are never enough" is so true :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice writing, Carrie, nice reading too. I am glad you forgave the west as the east holds more promise. "As if secrets were never meant to be kept!" That's my line for sure also. But you an trust me.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you everyone! This was definitely a fun week!! Happy Birthday to you Shay as well. My Gemini poet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. An amazing poem. "Holding memories like broken glass with no gloves." Love that line. I've done that so may times, just didn't have the eloquence to describe it.

    ReplyDelete

"Our best thoughts come from others." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson