Tuesday, July 2, 2019

A Lullaby I Shall Sing to You and Me

Linking with the Sunday Muse hosted by my awesome friend Shay this week for Muse # 62
Come join us!

Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music. ~Ronald Reagan


I dare you to go truly live outside your own front door
Step beyond the side walk’s edge
Venture past the corner store
Drive on down to the county line
Speed past the city
And then take some time
To live to dream to sing to be
Under the blue sky wild and free
I dare you to listen to each song
And then dance and loudly sing along
Don’t just sit and watch the band
 get a tambourine
 move and clap your hands
While you live and dream and sing and be
Under blue skies wild and free
I dare you
to truly live
I dare you
And I dare me!

©Carrie Van Horn 2019

6 comments:

  1. I Like your piece of writing, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am liking this dare, and accept! ;-)

    Pssst, did you mean "passed" or "past"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL probably the latter. Thank you Shay for having my back. :-)

      Delete
  3. Love your dare. Wish I could take it. Beautiful poem, Carrie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the dare. Those harps can stir a lot inside someone. Great writing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dare came out perfect. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete

"Our best thoughts come from others." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson