Saturday, March 23, 2019

I Remember You in Melodies

Photo by Skitterphoto from Pexels

Linking with The Sunday Muse for Muse # 48


Melody is, and ever will be, the very flower of music. ~August W. Ambros



I remember you in melodies
After silence has finally let go
Songs my heart still carries
from a life I once had known
thoughts conjured up like spirits
from a beat that was all our own
dancing on the beach barefoot
holding hands the whole way home
I remember you in lyrics
As the old Victrola plays our song
Where kisses linger so softly

The ones we shared all night long.

©Carrie Van Horn 2019



7 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful romantic piece, love it, Carrie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely and evocative. This makes me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great romance,
    I'm in a trance.

    Beautifully done, Carrie
    and these words bring back a special memory for me . . . :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those kisses that lasted all night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this, Carrie. So romantic, especially the kisses all night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with your Mr. Ambrose. Melody seems to have been lost anymore, in favor of endless dance beats and techno nonsense. Melody really is the soul of music and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. For me, too, music is like time travel. There is no distance a song can't walk (or dance) in a matter of beats. The tone of this poem illustrate those feelings so well--music is magic that conjures what was.

    ReplyDelete

"Our best thoughts come from others." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson