Monday, January 28, 2019

The Unspoken Words of a Fool

"In the Middle of Freedom"  by Isabel Mansfield

Image Source

Linking with The Sunday Muse for Muse # 40
Come join us!


The sharpest sorrows are those which remain locked within our own breasts.
 ~James Lendall Basford


Words do not die
 they wait in silence
as do the unspoken words of a fool
  they survive held captive
 like an abducted child
waiting in bated breath
 for a chance to escape
 yet never losing hope in the years that pass 
there are so many things I wish I had said to you
 I thought I would have the chance
 but time can be a nimble thief
  the chance has long since passed
songs on the radio send thoughts reeling
 like paper cranes in the air
 that will never make it very far
sentiments of hope and love
 lost down darkened halls
 so many feelings wishing
 for a way to be expressed
  perhaps that is why
I became a poet
to give expression
to all my captive thoughts
a million different ways
of saying.... I wish you were still here.

©Carrie Van Horn 2019


5 comments:

"Our best thoughts come from others." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson