Monday, September 10, 2018

Life is Poetic




 Linking with The Sunday Muse for #20 and Imaginary Gardens for
 the Tuesday Platform
come join us!




Human life is the source of deep suffering and gorgeous hope.
 ~Henry James Slack 



Life is a poetic journey
it is a carnival in the midst of darkened skies
miracles born of calamity
unlikely paths that cross and change lives
beauty that is built from rubble
flowers that grow on beaten paths
lovers that meet in war time
and give all the love they have
it is the silence before the storm
loneliness in crowded streets
random acts of kindness
from people we will never meet
life is a poetic journey
it is full of joy and full of pain
but through every endeavor
there is hope just the same.


14 comments:

  1. Really beautiful and hopeful, Carrie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful.. in the end it is all about the hope..so true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this, Carrie. This prompt was really fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!💞 I feel hope is something that stays with us no matter how dark the clouds of despair😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. hope springs eternal - as it must ....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope is always the winner over despair

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this. It's a great reminder that there is always hope.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love this, Carie. I'm not very poetic and also old. My words to those who care have the meaning of your lovely poem but are short. They go "I've done every thing I need to do and most of the things I've wanted to do. I'm ready to go anytime it's my turn." Some think that is morbid but it is true.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the thought of help from a stranger... perfect way to express hope.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you love life there will always be hope.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, it's all that and more. (As for hope – let's not forget that all the power lies in intention.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this. And believe each word all the way to my bones. Life can be pure horror, but... we can always react to it in ways that turn the terror into energy-giving poetry.

    ReplyDelete

"Our best thoughts come from others." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson