Monday, August 6, 2018

Miracles

Courtesy Google Images


Linking with Imaginary Gardens for the Tuesday Platform, and The Sunday Muse  for muse # 15



"The miracle is this: the more we share the more we have."  ~ Leonard Nimoy



I waited so long for you not knowing how you would arrive
Expecting something loud and striking
A grand entrance like a meteor shower on the countryside
Thunderbolts and lightening something mighty something bold
for my heart was tattered like worn clothing
And my soul chapped like lips in winter’s cold
while it felt like I had journeyed through the Sahara
Sunburned and thirsty for some kind of peace
Drunk on uncertainty’s ambiguous nectar
Bumping into chaos through crowded streets
By the time you had found me
I was unaware you had strategically arrived
That is when I learned
You had been there all around me the whole time.




13 comments:

  1. It is always that way. The important people don't arrive with trumpets and cymbals. They have been with us all the time

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a special sort of sweetness in the things that begin this way. I can think of several example of this in my life, and feel very blessed because of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, isn't that how it is? We wait for an ideal when what's already fulfilling has always been there. Soul chapped like lips in winters is a very emotive line.
    -HA

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we have to imagine them before we actually see them... that's how it is (and maybe should be)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You beautifully describe the serendipity of the encounter so well! I love the rhythm, rhyme scheme and similes/metaphors you employ. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What we need, seems to have been around all along... as soon as wee see it. Life and poetry are so wonderfully weird like that, aren't they? Love your chosen image, and the second line of the poem--so telling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "By the time you had found me
    I was unaware you had strategically arrived"

    Wow. That is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. interesting interpretation of the weird and fascinating image -
    I certainly wasn't expecting this kind of poetic direction - but then, what are expectations other than limitations anyhow? best to leave them by the roadside ...

    which I suppose, is kind of the heart of this poem ... phrased a different way ... for surely, as the others have noted .... too often we expect a "big bang" arrival, and yet, what does "arrive" has most often been there all along .... except we haven't seen it clearly until something within us shifts ...

    the use of the form, the pacing, the rhymes etc. work to wonderful effect Carrie .... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. "And the Spirit was not in the whirlwind...but in the still small voice."

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the contrasting images like "soul chapped like lips in winter’s cold" and "Sunburned and thirsty for some kind of peace". Love the surprising close. So very sweet. The irresistible image also forced a few words from me to post at The Sunday Muse :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful and emotional, loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

"Our best thoughts come from others." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson