Friday, February 22, 2013

A Beautiful Place To Stay

Courtesy Mark Kelly

"Where we love is home,
Home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts."
~Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr., Homesick in Heaven


Linking with "Words Count"...with Mama Zen at Imaginary Gardens



Somewhere in the midst of a magnificent storm
 my heart resides upon the most beautiful bridge.
It so longs to hold a crazy profound love
while the winds of chance make the beams unhinge.
It hungers for a connection like a bridge between two lovely lands.
A place to give homestead out in the wilds of naked openness
 so ecstasy may be guarded within my own hips and another's hands.
Above the raging waters of storms that no man could ever cease
is a place my heart shall tarry in hope's own splendor
 as my yearning for this one love will always increase.



16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you....i know i went over my limit on words....sorry about that....

      Delete
  2. I'm taken away by such lovely thoughts! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I found it that ( so long lost) too
    been away for long---- good to see you again- I love your blog and template
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a beautiful place, Carrie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. From the heart Carrie, but this phrase especially catches my breath, 'cstasy may be guarded within my own hips and another's hands.' Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the surreal image, and the idea of home being a bridge between the individual and others.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like it a lot Carrie. It seems a different step for you.

    "It hungers for a connection like a bridge between two lovely lands....so ecstasy may be guarded within my own hips and another's hands." - wow is right!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful piece of writing, beautiful blog, beautiful you...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you everyone.....it is something I wrote for the prompt.....got carried away and went over the word limit....but the poem itself is about someone near and dear to my heart.....:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The opening is so powerful
    Castle like
    And then the bridge
    Your words conjured so many wonderful images in my mind
    Truly beautiful, Carrie
    I wonder the difference between a tightrope and a bridge of iron and concrete.

    ReplyDelete
  11. capturing the inner spirit...lovely..GOD<3U

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is my photo.
    You need to credit it correctly.
    Photography by Mark Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Mark for the heads up...l apologize for any offense taken...none was intended....love your photo. :-)

    ReplyDelete

"Our best thoughts come from others." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson